Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 SSO & STK L700e

2002-11-27 07:54:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 SSO & STK L700e
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 05:54:08 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29614.12FEDC80

We have a L700e (without the expansion, if that makes a difference) and
NBU4.5 and we're not using ACSLS.  We're treating this like an ordinary TLD
library.

It's LTO drives on fiber bridges, 4 Media servers shareing 8 tape drives.

Once we got our bridge/HBA software to the correct level, there's been no
problems with the SSO - we were getting scsi reservation & scsi timeouts.

All solaris 8 environment.

I believe that if we install a second L700 & attempt to link the two via the
pass-through, then ACSLS becomes a requirement.

HTH - Mark