Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to Increase Number of Jobs on Master/Media S erver

2002-11-26 04:52:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to Increase Number of Jobs on Master/Media S erver
From: Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be (Bruno.Bossier AT comparex DOT be)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:52:15 +0100
If you want multiple jobs from the same policy running at the same time,
you will have to look into doing user backups.

Bruno

                      Quarantine

                      <Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG>             To:
"'Paul Yahnig'" <Paul_Yahnig AT prnewswire DOT com>,

                      Sent by:                             veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                      veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng        cc:

                      .auburn.edu                         Subject:  RE:
[Veritas-bu] How to Increase Number of Jobs on Master/Media S       erver

                      11/25/2002 19:59

It's a matter of number of drives x number of multiplexed streams.  For
example, if you're going from 2 drives with 4 streams to 4 drives with 4
streams, you *could* jump to 16 jobs automagically after you increase the
number of drives in your storage unit.  The limiting factors:

1.  Your policy is limiting jobs per class.
2.  Your storage unit's maximum concurrent drives per backup and
multiplexed
jobs per drive are set correctly for your environment.
3.  Your master server's maximum jobs per client global NetBackup attribute
is set correctly for your environment.

I think there's something I'm forgetting, though...

Good luck,
Matt