Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 on Solaris; bpdbjobs -report question

2002-11-19 23:25:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 on Solaris; bpdbjobs -report question
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:25:35 -0600
you can still get your formatted output from bpdbjobs, you just have
to do so via bp.conf entries now:

===
The sample set below are the default columns for 4.5

Note that if you add one entry only, you will only get one column
from bpdbjobs -report, i.e. adding at least one entry to bp.conf will
remove all defaults in favor of your bp.conf COLDEFS list. Therefore
you must specify all columns you desire. If you comment out or delete
all COLDEF lines - the default values will be back in place.

BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = JobID 5 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Type 4 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = State 5 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Status 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Policy 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Schedule 8 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Client 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = DstMedia_Server 12 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = ActPID 10 true

The numerical value indicates how many characters wide you wish the
column to be.

A complete list of available parameters follows:

JOBID
VERSION
ACTPID
MAINPID
RQSTPID
PARENTJOBID
PRODUCT
TYPE
BACKUPTYPE
STATUS
POLICY
POLICYTYPE
SCHEDULE
SCHEDULETYPE
CLIENT
PRIORITY
OWNER
GROUP
RETENTION
COMPRESSION
LASTBACKUP
STATE
OPERATION
STREAMNUMBER
SRCSTORAGE_UNIT
SRCMEDIA_SERVER
SRCMEDIAID
DSTSTORAGE_UNIT
DSTMEDIA_SERVER
DSTMEDIAID
STARTED
ENDED
TRY
KILOBYTES
FILES
KBPERSEC
PATHNAME
COMPLETION
ESTKB
ESTFILE
ROBOT
VAULT
PROFILE
SESSIONID
NUMTAPESEJECT
JOBSTVERSION
ELAPSED
ACTIVEELAPSED

The following parameters don't actually work unless NetBackup 4.5 is
patched to MP1 (patch 1) or above.:

BackupType, ClassType, Retention, Estfile, Estkb, Completion, and Pathname

HTH
rob