Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java GUI

2002-11-18 13:25:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java GUI
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:25:31 -0800
> In 3.4 there was a java gui for windows that seemed to get removed in the
upgrade.

Well, I have a Java GUI (jnbSA) on my 4.5.  I've launched it from the master
(with the DISPLAY set back, which worked erratically in 3.4 and was
officially unsupported) and also from a Solaris client.  If you install a
4.5 client onto a Unix box, you get the jnbSA client installed.

I wish the Windows and Java GUIs were identical but they're not.  They're
close but little differences pop up - for example, in the Java GUI you can
install Unix clients.  You don't have that choice in the Windows GUI.  I
guess Veritas assumes that if you are using the Windows GUI you must only
have Windows clients and be talking to a Windows master ;)

>Also the clients files on the master for Solaris 8 have a version of 3.4.2
instead of 4.5.

I upgraded a 3.4.1 master to NB 4.5, then patched to 4.5.2.  In 3.4 there
was no separate Solaris8 client - it was just the Solaris 2.6 client.  I
show the same thing in my clients directory now:

drwxr-xr-x   3 root     bin         1536 Sep 13 10:31 Solaris2.6/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         10 Nov 15 14:08 Solaris7 ->
Solaris2.6/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         10 Nov 15 14:08 Solaris8 ->
Solaris2.6/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         10 Nov 15 14:08 Solaris9 ->
Solaris2.6/

And it is the 4.5 version:

# /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris/Solaris2.6/bpclntcmd -sv
4.5GA

Seems like there's something sketchy with your install...?

--
 Drew Fabbro [fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com]
 Unix Systems Group