Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun L40 (LTO) and NB3.4

2002-11-18 10:49:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun L40 (LTO) and NB3.4
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey J Feskens)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:49:33 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Remy Zandwijk wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm new to the list and I allready have a question. I did read
> the archive offcourse, but I cannot figure this one out.
>
> We have a Sun E250, Solaris 9 (fully patched), an Sun L40
> library with LTO drives and NBU datacenter 3.4. NBU has got
> the following patches installed:
>
> NB_34_1
> NB_34_2
> NB_34_3
> NB_34_4
> NB_34_P0858
> NB_JAV_34_4
>
> The robot and the drives are seen by NBU, but they are seen as
> DLT drives/robotics and not LTO. As far as I know from the archive,
> LTO support came with 3.4.1 of NBU, but, I understood the NB_34_4
> patch was about the same thing.
>
> How could I let NBU recognize the drives/robotics as LTO? I tried
> to find out how to upgrade NBU 3.4 to 3.4.1 but I could not find
> anything about that on the Veritas support site.

Remy,

The patch completes the upgrade.  Is this a new library?  I've had
problems where the firmware on the library as shipped did not
recognize drives as LTO and I had to upgrade the library's firmware
in order to have it recognized as LTO.

Take care,

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR