Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Metrics - Industry Standard??

2002-11-15 11:21:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Metrics - Industry Standard??
From: BS128490 AT exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR DOT com (Safran, Becky K)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:21:18 -0500
Our NetBackup process is going thru an internal company audit.  The auditors
are suggesting that we achieve a 99% first success rate.  We are currently
averaging a 94% first success rate. I have not been able to find an industry
standard metric for first try success rate for backups.

What type of success rates are others experiencing? Is anyone aware of an
industry standard for backup success rates?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Regards,
Becky K. Safran
NCR Corporation
Manager, GSS Storage Mgmt