Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO Performance

2002-11-14 10:31:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO Performance
From: robert_johannes AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:31:00 -0600
Well, before I implemented SSO in my environment, I have two servers
that have about 1.5 terabytes of data between them, and backups via the
"normal" way took as long as 21 hours for the biggest filesystem with a
multiplexing of 4.

Now with SSO, the longest backup takes about 12 hours for the biggest
filesystem.  So SSO definitely does bring improvements into your backup
environment.

robert