Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] mismatch of barcode and media id on 2000

2002-11-13 20:41:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] mismatch of barcode and media id on 2000
From: James.McPherson AT Sun DOT COM (James C. McPherson)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:41:51 +1100
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:45:42 -0500 paulg AT cdcna DOT com (Paul Gimpelev) wrote:
>       I would ask your colleague if they ever changed barcodes on the tape or
> put a new barcode onto a used tape before deleting the tape header.   That can
> potentially cause the problem you are describing.

What is more likely is that the RVSN (recorded volume serial number) has been
manually set and as a consequence it does not match the EVSN (external volume
serial number). This can happen if your barcode rules change for some reason,
or if you move a tape to or from a library without a barcode reader.

James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW