Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT tapes with bad header from bad drives ?

2002-11-12 12:47:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT tapes with bad header from bad drives ?
From: boatm005 AT admin.ndis.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:47:42 -0600
Hey guys,

Is there a utility that will rewrite the header on a DLT tape without
having them degaussed ? Currently if we get frozen DLT tapes due to bad
headers because of a bad drive, we then have to degauss the DLT. These
DLT's would be expired, so I wouldn't be concerned with saving the data,
the primary concern is to correct the header so that the robot can avoid
freezing the same tape repeatedly.

Any input would be appreciated !

-Paul

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
NDIS -  University of Minnesota