Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring catalogs from tape to different host

2002-11-11 21:25:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring catalogs from tape to different host
From: ssesar AT rcn DOT com (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:25:00 -0500
On Monday 11 November 2002 02:29 pm, Richardson, Robert wrote:
> Andy,
> I disagree with the statement that it is impossible to restore DB catalogs
> to a
> different host.  I have researched this process, and I believe that I have
> documented
> a pretty concise method for doing such a project.
> I was in the process of doing this myself, without any support from
> Veritas. If Veritas support can do it, then it is possible.
>
> If you are interested I can discuss with you the steps that I came up with.
>

> Robert Richardson
> Activision Studios
> Unix System Engineer
> 310.255.2247

I'm dubious.

When you say that you've "researched" this, does that mean you've *actually*
restored a master server to a server of a different hostname thatn the
original master server?

If so, I, personally would love to see it, as this would save a whole lot of
time in the event we need to mobilize our disaster recovery plan.

--Steve