Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java GUI restore to Solaris Client

2002-11-11 03:27:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java GUI restore to Solaris Client
From: andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com (andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:27:27 +0000 (GMT)
Environment:

Master & Media Server both Solaris 8 servers running NBU 4.5 (MP1)

Client is a Solaris 7 server running NBU 4.5 (MP1).

I have a voluem backed up on the NBU Media Server that I want to restore to the
NBU client.

If I run the Java GUI from either the Master or Media servers, the restore
completes, but NO files are restored.

If I run the restore from a Windows NBU Admin Console, the restore completes
AND the files are actually restored.

Has anyone seen this before?

Do I have to install anything on the NBU client to enable restore from the JAVA
GUI on the Master/Media?

Andy Skates