Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup with IBM Magstar or IBM 3590 drives

2002-11-06 12:19:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup with IBM Magstar or IBM 3590 drives
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:19:56 +0100
--=====================_38977827==_.ALT

Not directly.

We use STK9940 and when I talk to StorageTek they see IBM 3590, STK9840 and
STK9940 as a class for them self.
I am almost 100% sure that one of our StorageTek SE's has been talking
about 3590 and NBU and it should work (almost as good as 9840/9940 he said
with a smile on his face)

If you like 3590 I think the only other options you have is STK9840 and
STK9940.
LTO would be a big downgrade as I see it.

STK9840/9940 work almost in any platform I know about.

/johnny

At 15:24 05-11-2002 -0500, Nash, Ebon wrote:
>We are looking at some new tape technology.  We currently have an IBM
>Magstar tape library with 3590 drives connected to our mainframe and are
>very happy with them.  We are considering using the same type of solution
>for NetBackup.  Does anyone have any experience using the Magstar and 3590
>drives with NetBackup?
>

>Ebon Nash
>

>The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It
>contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named
>addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or
>disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us
>immediately and then destroy it.

--=====================_38977827==_.ALT

Not directly.<br><br>
We use STK9940 and when I talk to StorageTek they see IBM 3590, STK9840
and STK9940 as a class for them self.<br>
I am almost 100% sure that one of our StorageTek SE's has been talking
about 3590 and NBU and it should work (almost as good as 9840/9940 he
said with a smile on his face)<br><br>
If you like 3590 I think the only other options you have is STK9840 and
STK9940.<br>
LTO would be a big downgrade as I see it.<br><br>
STK9840/9940 work almost in any platform I know about.<br><br>
/johnny<br><br>
At 15:24 05-11-2002 -0500, Nash, Ebon wrote:<br>
color="#0000FF">We
are looking at some new tape technology.&nbsp; We currently have an IBM
Magstar tape library with 3590 drives connected to our mainframe and are
very happy with them.&nbsp; We are considering using the same type of
solution for NetBackup.&nbsp; Does anyone have any experience using the
Magstar and 3590 drives with NetBackup?</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>