Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle notification

2002-10-31 13:54:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle notification
From: ewunipe AT sd.us.am.ericsson DOT se (Nicholas Pesce)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:54:21 -0800 (PST)
I'm currently using the hot backup script to backup one of my databases.
Since I'm still in test mode, I have made it so that the backup will
fail about 1/3 of the way through.  It backs up several datafiles, and
then blows up.

Here is the problem.  I cannot get the backup to list anything but a 1
as an error state.  Most people, myself included, ignore 1's as they
list a partial (usually attributed to open files).  I'm trying to get
the bpend_notify to handle this and kick out a different error, but
it doesn't seem like the bpend_notify script is run when you do an
Oracle backup from netbackup.

Is this true, or am I just smoking something today.  When I run a
regular client backup for this system it runs the bpend_notify, but
when I do the oracle hot backup the file isn't used.

Can anyone give some advice on error handling so that I can get more
info other than an error code of 1.

Thanks for all of your help

Nicholas Pesce         |
System Administrator   |