Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I've got NT clients for the first time

2002-10-30 22:51:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I've got NT clients for the first time
From: ssesar AT rcn DOT com (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:51:17 -0500
On Wednesday 30 October 2002 11:59 am, Donaldson, Mark wrote:
> I've got NT backup clients for the first time.  Any warnings, words of
> wisdom, etc. that might shorten my learning curve on them?
>
> -M

I see two persistent problems in our environment:

1. 11 system call failed - this is due to OTM errors on the client side.

There's some good info about this topic here:
http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/207.html

2. 41 network connection timed out - I'm seeing this on NT/2K clients which
are using NIC "teaming". If you're fro the Cisco world, this is also referred
to as bonding. It's a feature that allows you to logically group network
interface cards in a server together so that they appear to the operating
system as one network interface.

The problems I am seeing here may be specific to our environment. I've just
convinced the Windows Infrastructure team to get up off of their duffs to
investigate this.

If your'e interested, I can update you as to my progress.

HTH,

Steve