Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] EMC BCV Question

2002-10-30 12:27:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] EMC BCV Question
From: PWinkeler AT officemax DOT com (Winkeler, Paul)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:27:21 -0500
Kenneth

OfficeMax does this very exercise every day to back up its 3.5TB database.
However, we wait to split the BCV's until the database is in hot backup
mode.  So the sequence becomes:
        Connect the BCV's
          .. Wait about 3-5 hours for them to catch up
        Place database in hot backup mode
        Split BCV's (takes a few minutes)
        Take database out of hot backup mode
        Start backup of dis-connected BCV's
We can then roll forward from the split-time using the transaction logs we
gather throughout the day

 PaulW
---
Paul Winkeler, IT Consultant