Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client in the DMZ

2002-10-29 17:19:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client in the DMZ
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:19:57 -0600
I've taken the advice of those who responded and tried to set up this client
to use vnetd:

-In the Master Server host properties, Client Attributes tab, I added the
client name and checked the "no callback" tab.
-I had them open up port 13724 FROM the dmz to the lan.  (Is it possible
they opened up TCP/IP and not UDP? Is that a problem?)
-I set up host file entries on both systems so they could talk to names
versus Ips.

I am still getting "Cannot connect to client(58)" errors, more specifically,
the Problems Report shows "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
remote host."

Have I missed anything in the vnetd setup?  Is this not a port problem
anymore but an authentication problem?

Thanks in advance,

Jesse Gardner