Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Autoclean Feature on L700

2002-10-28 15:01:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Autoclean Feature on L700
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:01:51 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27EBC.DB18EB30

The library has an autoclean feature and netbackup has a cleaning feature
via Tape Alert.  You should use one or the other but not both.

For Netbackup cleaning...

If you've got cleaning tapes in the library but NB doesn't seem to recognize
them, make sure NB knows they're cleaning tapes and not data tapes.

Query the NB media database for tape type.

vmquery -a -w | awk '$9!="-" && $3~/CLN/ {print $1}'

This command should display any cleaning tapes in the library, as far as NB
knows.  If it doesn't come back with  your cleaning tapes, your media type
is set wrong.  This is often set using barcode rules.

HTH - Mark