Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Autoclean Feature on L700

2002-10-28 14:11:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Autoclean Feature on L700
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:11:52 -0500
I have an L700 attached to a Sun E450 server running Solaris 2.8 and NBU 3.4

I'm seeing the following message on the console :

LTID [1185] Automatic cleaning of TLD(1) drive index 5 failed because there is
no cleaning tape or the cleaning tape is used up.

This strikes me as odd because I have (3) cleaning tapes inserted into that
library, the AutoClean feature is set to ON (verified via operator panel) and
the statistics for the cleaning tapes show that one has only been used (7)
times and the other two have never been used yet (also verified through the
operator panel). Am I missing something here? It has been my experience that I
can AutoClean the drives or I can manage the process based on hours of usage
using NBU but not both. Since this is an LTID message I'm assuming it is
getting generated from NBU. What else needs to be done, if anything, to set up
the AutoClean feature on the L700.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Manager, Systems Software
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right