Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Help with calendar based policy

2002-10-28 04:43:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Help with calendar based policy
From: James.McPherson AT Sun DOT COM (James C. McPherson)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:43:11 +1100
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:07:09 +0100 louise.bazzard AT dutchtone DOT nl wrote:
> There is a patch for fixing this on the Veritas web site.  We had the same
> problem, while the backup window is open, the policy will run repeatedly.
> Also it would run every week and not 3rd week etc. etc. The patch should be
> applied to all your media servers, you can also apply it to the clients, but
> we haven't and it seems to be working ok.
> However, just noticed you are on 3.4. I am on 4.5 Datacentre.  So not sure
> if the same applies.  You'll have to check it out on their website.  We got
> ours from Sun, the patch number NB_45_2_251283.Solaris.tar.

Greetings all,
If you're waiting for the Sun version of the patch it's currently in the
tpatch state awaiting the go-ahead from the patch release team. I expect
that this will occur within the next three weeks but I do not know for
sure. In the meantime if you are really, really desperate to get the Sun
version of the patch (remembering it's a tpatch only) then log a call with
your local Sun support centre and request it. The bugids to refer to are
4764494 and 4764518. Incidentally, Veritas is now releasing the client
package patches separately to the server package patches - Sun is continuing
to combine the server and client package patches into the one patch.
If you are willing to wait for the official release of the patch then the
patchid to look for should be 112407-02.

best regards,
James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW