Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring MS Exchange Database !

2002-10-26 17:01:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring MS Exchange Database !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karun Subramanian)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:01:22 -0700
Hi Folks !
I need to restore MS Exchange database from a perior date. i.e My last
successful backup was on 19th. But I would like to restore the database from
18th and replay all the transaction logs till today to bring up the database
up to level. We are using MS Exchange database agents with Veritas Netbackup
3.4. And we take daily full backup on the exchange Directory and Information
store.

My problem is, When I look at the 18th backup image, my transaction logs are
not contiguous from 18th to 19th. There is a gap in the transaction logs
backed up. Is this normal? Does Exchange purge the transaction logs which
are already commited to the Database and the Database is successfuly backed
up ?

How can I go back to a prior date Database backup and replay all my
transaction logs when the transaction logs in my backup are not contiguous?

Thank you very much,
- Karun