Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] One class with two full backup schedules within it.

2002-10-25 13:09:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] One class with two full backup schedules within it.
From: sjaffee AT soe.sony DOT com (Jaffee, Sid)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:09:19 -0700
I have a class with two full backup schedules within it. One schedule is the
"weekly", and the other the "monthly". There's no problem with the "weekly"
schedule, as it is defined with a frequency of 1 week and set to only occur
Thursday mornings between 1am-4am. The issue is with the "monthly" schedule.
It occurred three times, successfully and within it's defined time range.
That "monthly" schedule is set with a longer retention time than the
"weekly" schedule, a frequency of 4 weeks, and to only occur Thursday
mornings between 5am-8am (note that this is different from the "weekly").

Any ideas on what might have caused the "monthly" schedule to occur three
times, and how I can prevent it from happening again???

Additionally, I fear that the "monthly" will also occur again next week
(once or three times I can't say), as the following are my results from
several "bpschedreq -predict" commands:

  C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpschedreq -predict
10/31/2002 01:00:00
  5  blah.blah.com  zidd  sid-weekly  FULL  Thursday   01:00:00

  C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpschedreq -predict
10/31/2002 05:00:00
  6  blah.blah.com  zidd  sid-monthly  FULL  Thursday   05:00:00

  C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpschedreq -predict
11/07/2002 05:00:00
  6  blah.blah.com  zidd  sid-monthly  FULL  Thursday   05:00:00

  C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpschedreq -predict
11/14/2002 05:00:00
  6  blah.blah.com  zidd  sid-monthly  FULL  Thursday   05:00:00

Other applicable specs:
- version 3.4.1GA NetBackup Administration
- Windows NT server

suggestions/comments welcome,

Sid Jaffee
Systems Engineer