Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Problems !!!

2002-10-25 01:35:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Problems !!!
From: Carlos.Perales AT kellogg DOT com (Carlos Perales)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:35:26 -0500

All,

I'm having the following problem.

When trying to perform a restore of a backup which took more than 1 tape it
fails.

It starts working fine, but as soon as it tries to recover the file at the
middle of the tapes, the backup crashes.
It's not like the files weren't backed up because if I retry the restore of the
file at the middle of the tapes, it will be recovered.
If i recoverd the whole backup but the file at the middle, all teh restore will
be recovered fine.

it seems to be a problem with the tape transition at the restore time.
ANy ideas ?

Usually, I will just solve the problem as I told you above, however this time
the problem is bigger.
I need to perform a recover of a backup on a different master server, so I had
to import the images.
Everything went fine until the import found the file at the middle, then the
import crashed.

Since this is the import, I still don't have the image and i can't recover at
all !!!

Any solutions ?

I tried copying the whole image from one server to the other (I think there are
two files per backup right ?)
I was fine, the server is able to see the image, but at the restore time, it
ends saying "access to server backup restore manager denied"

So, now I don't know what to do.  Any ideas on what I need to modify to complete
the restore if I just copy the image from one master to the other ?

Thanks !
Carlos Perales