Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hung AVRD

2002-10-23 13:10:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hung AVRD
From: richard.hale AT pegs DOT com (Richard Hale)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:10:07 -0700
We have seen this when communication to the tape drive through the SAN
has been broken.  If you can reconnect the path, the avrd will usually
go away.  This can be accomplished in most cases by bouncing the port
connection on your switch, or physically disconnecting/reconnecting
the fiber cable.  This can also happen if the fiber/scsi bridge has
hung and may require a reboot of the bridge.  In most case the avrd
will time out eventually, although you may not want to wait that long.

Our environment is mostly SUN Sparc, SAN/SSO, Crossroads 4200
fiber/scsi bridges, Brocade 2800's, SCSI tape and libraries.

Richard Hale