Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.4 question

2002-10-23 12:20:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.4 question
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:20:39 -0500
--=_alternative 0059E29086256C5B_=

I have a Solaris 8 box running Netbackup Business Server 3.4(Server1). It
backs up itself and it backsup 4 other Unix client machine.

I need to send an archive to one of your sister companies. Problem is they
only have DLT. I managed to scrounge up a DLT drive.

The files needed are on Server 2

I can't down server 1 or server 2 to connect/configure the DLT drive
because they are production boxes.

So i connect the tape drive onto server 3. Reboot it, and the tape drive
is detected.

Am i better of installing net backup 3.4 on server3 or is it possible to
setup server 3 as a media client? If server 3 can be a media client can
someone point me in the proper doc direction.

Or i can avoid this if someone can tell me for sure if version 4.5 tapes
can be read by 3.4. Cuz i'm doing an upgrade of to 4.5 on server1 tonight
and our sister company only has 3.4. So i have an outage window on server1
and i  could add the DLT.

Thanks

Karl
--=_alternative 0059E29086256C5B_=

3.4(Server1). It backs up itself and it backsup 4 other Unix client
machine.</font>
Problem is they only have DLT. I managed to scrounge up a DLT drive.</font>
the DLT drive because they are production boxes.</font>
and the tape drive is detected.</font>
is it possible to setup server 3 as a media client? If server 3 can be
a media client can someone point me in the proper doc direction.</font>
version 4.5 tapes can be read by 3.4. Cuz i'm doing an upgrade of to 4.5
on server1 tonight and our sister company only has 3.4. So i have an outage
window on server1 and i &nbsp;could add the DLT.</font>
--=_alternative 0059E29086256C5B_=--