Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hung AVRD

2002-10-23 11:56:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hung AVRD
From: mcavoy76 AT hotmail DOT com (Chris McAvoy)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:56:36 -0500
We've been fighting with hung AVRD processes for a while now, we've tried
patching, rebuilding sg devices, and reloading the st driver.  This problem
only happens on Sun machines.  We're running 3.4 in a SAN / SSO environment.

We don't know what causes them, or how to kill them.  Has anyone had similar
problems, or can shed some light on what's causing the process to hang?
Although we're sure you can't kill it without a reboot, we'd like to know if
there's some way we can prevent it from hanging.

Thanks,
Chris McAvoy