Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems when robot was powercycled

2002-10-22 15:52:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems when robot was powercycled
From: gguenthe AT csc DOT com (Greg Guenther)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:52:18 -0500
Does setting persistent bindings fix the problem on the wintel boxes ?

My understanding is that even if the adapter assigns the same SCSI target
to the devices on the bridge, NT/W2K

can still can mangle the tape device mapping.

We have several ATL libraries with FC-230 cards and DLT7/DLT8/SDLT drives.
(Brocade 3800/2800 switches and emulex LP8000/LP9000 HBA's)

Usually we can reboot the libraries with no problems.

What happens to the drive mappings when the library gets rebooted ?

Our problem is when the servers get rebooted when the library is down or
having problems.

The lovely Wintel boxes dynamically remap the tape device mappings and it
gets really ugly.

I am looking forward to going to NB4.5 and fixing that problem.

There is a fairly new firmware for the FC-230 that utilizes a virtual drive
feature.

You might want to ask ATL if that would help your problem.

Greg Guenther