Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware 6 upgrade--trouble adding targets

2002-10-19 22:29:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware 6 upgrade--trouble adding targets
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:29:04 -0700
Greetings, list.

We just upgraded one of our Netware servers to Netware 6, and I'm
having a hard time adding targets via the bp utility.

I used to be able to use .admin.<tree> as a login account when creating
targets (step 6, in the manual), but now it won't take that user---I get
a 'Cannot connect to TSA-SMS:FFFDFFD7' error.

I can use my admin-equivalent personal account, and it fires up just
dandy.

Is there a new restriction for security or something?

We were running NW 5.1SP3, with a HP-UX (v11.0) Master/Media server
using NB-Datacenter 3.4.1.

TIA,

-dd