Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] user based logging??

2002-10-17 15:07:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] user based logging??
From: rchudzinski AT verio DOT net (rchudzinski AT verio DOT net)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:07:14 +0000
[Running NetBackup Datacenter 4.5 patch lvl 1 on Solaris 2.6]

It occurs to me that when using the java admin tools with rights
defined in auth.conf (since rights are based on usernames) that
there might be a way to log who made what changes and when.

I have looked at the bpjava-msvc and bpjava-susvc logs on the server
and the username is displayed when logging in but it does not show
(clearly at least) when changes are written. (Not quite what I
am looking for.)

Does anyone know if this is logged anywhere else and what directories
I might need to create or setting need to be set to enable it? [or am
I at the beginning of an enhancement request?] ;-)

--
Ray
NTT/VERIO Unix Support Engineer