Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Amount of data backed up

2002-10-17 14:39:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Amount of data backed up
From: dclark AT springboardhosting DOT com (Dave Clark)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:39:42 -0400
I have two policies set up for the same customer server. One does a full
backup once every 7 days, file list is ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES, and the images go
in a CUSTOMER pool. The second policy uses the exact same file list but runs
once a month for offsite storage. This full goes to an OFFSITE pool.
The problem is this. The two backups ran on consecutive days 4th & 5th but
the total data backed up varies by a huge amount. As I look back at the
other FULL backups versus the OFFSITES the trend is the same. If the only
difference between the two are the pools the images are stored on and the
scheduling what could be causing this?

Fri  Oct 4 00:52:01 2002  Full          (#Files 21,032)  (KB 20,353,487)
5228 Kb/Sec

Sat Oct 5 01:10:28 2002  full_offsite   (#Files 21,121)  (KB 85,404,541)
8803 Kb/Sec