Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dual homed servers & clients

2002-10-16 21:38:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dual homed servers & clients
From: prasadcm AT optonline DOT net (Prasad Chalikonda)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:38:57 -0400
Hello,

My Master, Media and most clients are dual homed, with a public and a
backup network. I have a design question.

1. When I install NetBackup 4.5 software on the Master, would I enter
the host name as Master or Master-b, where the -b is the backup network
interface name?

2. How about the clients? Would I enter the Master server name as Master
or Master-b when I install the software on clients?

3. Would I still have to use the REQUIRED_INTERFACE parameter on the
clients even if I enter Master-b?

Thanks very much
Prasad.