Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tru64 and STK FC LTO

2002-10-16 16:34:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tru64 and STK FC LTO
From: greg.musi AT veritas DOT com (Greg Musi)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:34:55 -0400
To my knowledge, STK doesn't make any LTO drives.  They do, however, sell
OEM drives by either Seagate, IBM, or HP in their libraries.  Since you
mentioned that it was a fiber LTO drive, then most likely it is an IBM drive
(although I have heard the HP is coming out with one soon).  By checking the
support matrix for NBU 4.5 and IBM hardware
(http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists/nbu_device_ddProduct_NETBACKUPDC_prod1
_NBUDC45_vendor_IBM.htm) it seems the 3580 FC LTO drive is supported running
firmware 22UD running on (among others) TRU64 5.0a, 5,1 and 5.1a.

Greg