Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] read data on netbackup tapes, without netbackup

2002-10-16 12:32:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] read data on netbackup tapes, without netbackup
From: lfafard AT saskpower DOT com (Lowell Fafard)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:32:46 -0600
--=_alternative 005AE43006256C54_=

Suzanne, if you have the catalog, you can use bprecover to recover it.
Build you machine, install Netbackup, patch it to the same level you were
at before the accident, then you bprecover to get the catalog.  This
should contain all the information that is on you DLT tapes, provided they
haven't expired.

You can use bpimport to import all of your DLT tapes, although this is a
slow process.

Lowell

"Suzanne Palmer" <s.palmer AT umassp DOT edu>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu