Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 85

2002-10-16 07:43:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 85
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:43:46 -0400
I had the same question from my computer room manager last week. Yes,
you can unfreeze them with bpmedia, but you have to be careful that they
aren't actually bad tapes.
What I suggested to our computer room manager was to keep track of the
media id's that he unfreezes, and if they freeze again, take them out of
the robot and throw them away. The downed drive could have been caused
by bad media, if this is the case, we need to get rid of the tape.

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "WEAVER, Simon" <Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com> 10/16/02 1:32:20
AM >>>
Sorry guys, but I have another issue as well (just advice really to
ensure I
have done the right thing).
Just checked the status of my backups and got Status 85 Media Error.
All
backups are done on NT - Master Server / Media Server NT too.

Checked the application & system logs where the backups were taking
place
and noticed 2 errors from Netbackup, stating it is downing drive 1 and
drive
2. (these are logged as separate events).
Checked the Media Lists - tapes that it tried to use for the Backups
are now
frozen.

Restarted the backups again using new tapes, and its worked fine. I
then
upped the drives and tried other backups - no problems reported yet!
Seems
to be running fine though.

I don't believe there is a drive configuration problem - but is there a
way
these tapes could be used again if I unfreeze them?

Simon Weaver
NT Domain Administrator
Ext. 5544
Tel: 02392-705544 (Direct Dial)
Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-Space DOT com

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain,
disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1
2AS, England