Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] new drive problem?

2002-10-15 22:26:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] new drive problem?
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:26:32 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C274BA.BF875101

We currently are running NBU 3.4.2 on a Solaris platform with a STK powderhorn.
Today we added 2 new STK 9840 drives to give us 8 total. They all work fine,
but something weird seems to be happening. There are only 27 active jobs, but 3
are queued, and it is writing to only 6 of the drives and ignoring two if them.
Ironically, the 2 new drives are being written to, so it's not that, but it
seems to be only using 6 drives at any given time. Is there something I was
missing in the setup to tell NBU to use 8 drives at a given time? It has even
swapped tapes, but still uses only 6 max... Help! :-)

Harry S.
Atlanta

------_=_NextPart_001_01C274BA.BF875101

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>new drive problem?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We currently are running NBU 3.4.2 on a Solaris =
platform with a STK powderhorn. Today we added 2 new STK 9840 drives to =
give us 8 total. They all work fine, but something weird seems to be =
happening. There are only 27 active jobs, but 3 are queued, and it is =
writing to only 6 of the drives and ignoring two if them. Ironically, =
the 2 new drives are being written to, so it's not that, but it seems =
to be only using 6 drives at any given time. Is there something I was =
missing in the setup to tell NBU to use 8 drives at a given time? It =
has even swapped tapes, but still uses only 6 max... Help! =
:-)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta</FONT>
</P>