Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multiple media servers for the first time...

2002-10-14 12:16:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multiple media servers for the first time...
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:16:43 -0400
Mark

One of the things I found to be *very* useful in identifying the actual media
servers is using bpstulist, since only storage units are created for "real"
media servers.

When I was re-writing many of my scripts that was the biggest hurdle...couldn't
rely on the bp.conf SERVER= entry because many of my clients had administrative
clients set up, thus requiring a SERVER = entry.  So bpstulist ended up being
the best cli I found to identify the media servers in the Master's domain.

David