Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Exec Tapes and NetBackup

2002-10-11 10:41:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Exec Tapes and NetBackup
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:41:19 -0400
A question was raised at to whether I could read or import Backup Exec data
into NetBackup or otherwise access it through NetBackup in an extreme
emergency. Although we backup the majority of our servers using NetBackup,
there is one area that plans on using a stand-alone solution for one special
server (due to some legal requirements). They just wanted to know if they lost
their server, could I read the data. Does anybody have experience with doing
this or am I just dreaming?

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Manager, Systems Software
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right