Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange Media Description

2002-10-10 15:29:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange Media Description
From: JLaurie AT csu DOT org (JLaurie AT csu DOT org)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:29:36 -0600
--=_alternative 006B15A487256C4E_=

I have several tapes with the following in the Media Description field

V4 | 00 | S0 | 00000000

I'm using bpvault extension and NBU DataCenter 3.4

I've found that these tapes are never selected for use (I get error code
96 - no media available).
I suspect that bpvault is writing this description but I can't figure out
why nor if this has anything at all to do with the availability of the
media.

Do I have bad media and this is the symptom? Or is there some other
explanation for the description not readily apparent to me?

TIA

Jim
--=_alternative 006B15A487256C4E_=

the Media Description field</font>
DataCenter 3.4</font>
selected for use (I get error code 96 - no media available).</font>
description but I can't figure out why nor if this has anything at all to do
with the availability of the media.</font>
Or is there some other explanation for the description not readily apparent to
me?</font>
--=_alternative 006B15A487256C4E_=--