Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VCS???

2002-10-09 15:16:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VCS???
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:16:20 -0400
...sorry for this brief interruption...

I know wrong list, but most of the VCS talent is here and I don't want to add
myself to yet another list server...

Real Quick

Sybase and VCS:  Can start Sybase up no problem outside of VCS, but when we
start it within VCS the agents claims it can't find the db and it shuts the
whole thing down.  I've read http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234248.htm
and we are configured per that doc.  According to this support doc, it is
looking for  'dataserver -s <DatabaseName>'  (Notice the space between the s
and the <DatabaseName>), in the process table there is no space...could that be
the problem?  We've tried starting it up with -s <DBNAME> but it strips that
space out.

Ideas, thoughts, donations?

thanks
David

...we now return you to your regularly schedule backup forum...