Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Java GUI and VMS file browsing for restores

2002-10-09 11:12:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Java GUI and VMS file browsing for restores
From: Paul.Griese AT TeleCheck DOT com (Griese, Paul)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:12:23 -0500

------_=_NextPart_000_01C26FA6.44D8FA40

I was wondering if there is anybody out there who has VMS clients with a
Solaris 8 Master using NBU 4.5 who has the problems I do in relation to
this: Since we upgraded from 3.4 to 4.5 (with the VMS clients upgraded to
NBU VMS 3.4.4), I am not able to use the Backup, Archive and Restore feature
in the Java GUI because it fails to find files within backup images created
before the weekend of the upgrade. It will list the complete Backup History
(about one year's worth), but if you select an image before the date of the
upgrade - no dice - it comes up with the "No files matching the specified
criteria" error message. However, the X Windows GUI (xbp) does not have this
problem, and as a result we use it instead of the Java GUI for restores.

We also have UNIX, Oracle and NT clients that do not have this problem - it
is only the VMS clients.

Paul Griese
Telecheck Services
System Management
(713) 331-6454
 <<Griese, Paul.vcf>>

------_=_NextPart_000_01C26FA6.44D8FA40
        filename="Griese, Paul.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Griese;Paul
FN:Griese, Paul
ORG:TeleCheck;ITSS Systems Management
TITLE:Asst. Systems Manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(713) 331-6454
TEL;HOME;VOICE:IT-SS
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;Houston;Attn:  Systems Mgmt.=0D=0A5251
Westheimer;Houston;Texas;77056-5404
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Houston=0D=0AAttn:  Systems
Mgmt.=0D=0A5251 Westheimer=0D=0AHouston, Texas 7=
7056-5404
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Paul.Griese AT TeleCheck DOT com
REV:20001207T153309Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01C26FA6.44D8FA40--