Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Opps, did you have a vault running??

2002-10-09 09:32:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Opps, did you have a vault running??
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:32:53 -0400
If it didn't create the eject list for the tapes, then probably not.  There
isn't a real good "check-point-restart" within vault.

Check you DUP<SESSION> directory and see if there is an [for tlx type robots]
ejecttapes  (or something close) in there.  If not, you are probably not going
to be able to recover "automatically".

Your options are:

1.  Investigate as to which images were done by looking at the logs in the
DUP<SESSION> directory and which tapes they were dup'd to.  Then manually
create your reports that you need for those tapes and eject them for offsite.

2  Investigate which images were dont by looking at the logs and what tapes
they were dup'd on to, then use bpexpdate to expire -copy 2 (copy number 2) for
all of those, then restart your dup's.

If you are interested in an alternative (script based or W2K based) to vault,
let me know.

David