Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage unit questions (NB 3.4)

2002-10-08 10:45:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage unit questions (NB 3.4)
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:45:23 -0400
Physical Drives = 6
Physical Drive Connection to Master = 2
Physical Drive Connection to Media  = 4

Logical STU1 - Master = 2
Logical STU2 - Master = 2
Logical STU1 - Media  = 2

If this is how its configured, the only "real" benefit is on the Media Server
with its 4 drives, when an STU is configured with less drives than is
physically attached, NBU will "reserve" the balance for restore drives (not any
particular drive(s) dedicated per se, but available nonetheless).

I don't see any real benefit on the Master...unless there was some plan in the
future to add more drives to the master, then perhaps he/she was trying to save
time in the future by creating the second STU and configuring the classes to
direct their backups to those STUs....just a guess here.

David