Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 196 error codes

2002-10-08 10:27:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 196 error codes
From: browndav AT bronsonhg DOT org (David Brown)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 10:27:03 -0400
For some reason, I have been suddenly bombarded with failures resulting in the
error code 196, client backup was not attempted because backup window closed.
I'm trying to track down what is causing this, as the clients that this is
happening to have been scheduled to run before any other clients or policies
kick in.

I understand that this error can be generated if a backup needs a drive and
none are available during it's window, but I don't see how this could happen if
the backup has already started with media in the drive.  Is there some time
limit somewhere that I might need to change to allow for longer run times?

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!
Dave

David Brown
McKesson Information Solutions
Bronson Methodist Hospital