Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 (patch1) - W2K Advnace Server

2002-10-03 14:35:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 (patch1) - W2K Advnace Server
From: andyskates AT iname DOT com (Andy Skates)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:35:49 -0500
Running NBU 4.5 (patch 1) as SAN Media Server on W2K Advanced Server.

(Master Server Solaris 8).

SAN attached disk.

Backing up to STK 9940A via 1Gb Emulex card (Brocade 3800 switch).

Backing up file server type data (lots of files of differing sizes).

I have 2 problems.

FIRSTLY

This server is part of a Microsoft Cluster.
When Cluster Services are running I get extremely bad throughput.
(2Mb/sec), even when backing up the C drive.

(On the same spec server without Clustering - I get 12Mb/sec)

SECONDLY

I switched clustering off.
Backups start off at 12Mb/sec, but soon tail off to 5.5Mb/sec

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing either of these problems.

Thanks,

Andy Skates

andyskates AT iname DOT com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.
http://oas-central.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/mail.com/columbiahouse/1112745096/x09/ExactAdv/ColumbiaHouse_IO473_7.19_8.19/blank.gif/636632633232383133383736634333430

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"
http://www.bestbuyfinder.com/download.htm