Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 (patch1) on W2K and Windows Clustering

2002-10-03 19:19:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 (patch1) on W2K and Windows Clustering
From: andyskates AT iname DOT com (Andy Skates)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:19:51 -0500
NBU 4.5 (Patch 1) running on W2K Advanced Server as SAN Media Server.

Master Server is running on Solaris 8.

I have 2 problems

FIRSTLY.

When clustering is running, my backups are very slow (approx 1.5Mb/sec)
On the same spec W2K server NOT running clustering I get 12Mb/Sec.
It is the same for both SAN attached and local disk.

Question?
Has anyone else seen this, and know what is causing the problem.

SECONDLY

If I stop the Clustering Service running, my backups start off at
approx 13Mb/sec but slow right down to about 5Mb/Sec.

Question.
Again, has anyone else seen this before, or know what I can do
to fix it?

Lastly. I am about to load NBU 4.5 onto an MS Exchange Clustered Server.
Do I load the Exchange Agent BEFORE I run the NBU clustering application?

Thanks,

Andy Skates

andyskates AT iname DOT com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.
http://oas-central.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/mail.com/columbiahouse/1112745096/x09/ExactAdv/ColumbiaHouse_IO473_7.19_8.19/blank.gif/636632633232383133383736634333430

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"
http://www.bestbuyfinder.com/download.htm