Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Educate me...

2002-10-07 15:52:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Educate me...
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:52:37 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26E3B.161B9F30

Hi all,

I'm pretty familiar with Version 3.4 of Netbackup in a relatively plain
environment.  Money limits enabled us to buy just the base package of NB so
I wrote my own version of vaulting and NBAR.

I'm going tomorrow to a sister facilty in another city to help with their NB
implementation.  Their increased budget let them install a v4.5 SSO
environment with three additional media servers (in addition to the
master/media server), Vault, & the Oracle Agents.

What I'm looking for is a list of "Gotchas", etc. that I can be aware of
while I'm there.  I'm reading the 4.5 manuals as fast as I can but there's
only so much I can do before I arrive on their doorstep.

-M

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26E3B.161B9F30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Educate me...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi all,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm pretty familiar with Version 3.4 of Netbackup in =
a relatively plain environment.&nbsp; Money limits enabled us to buy =
just the base package of NB so I wrote my own version of vaulting and =
NBAR.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm going tomorrow to a sister facilty in another =
city to help with their NB implementation.&nbsp; Their increased budget =
let them install a v4.5 SSO environment with three additional media =
servers (in addition to the master/media server), Vault, &amp; the =
Oracle Agents.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>What I'm looking for is a list of =
&quot;Gotchas&quot;, etc. that I can be aware of while I'm there.&nbsp; =
I'm reading the 4.5 manuals as fast as I can but there's only so much I =
can do before I arrive on their doorstep.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-M</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>