Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NetWare 5.1 SP4 - OTM problem

2002-10-07 07:46:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NetWare 5.1 SP4 - OTM problem
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:46:33 -0400
The filesys update that I had in the earlier mail you refer to does help
some, but otm is a constant problem with Netware. I do have a few
servers with SP4 that are using otm, but they are servers without much
data on them. Any of our larger data servers (100 gig or more) have otm
disabled. This is probably an issue between netbackup and some of the
changes in sp4, but Veritas isn't able to solve it. I finally gave up
and disabled otm, it hasn't really made much diffreence in the backups,
except that they work now.

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> <Jakub.Bielecki AT comtegra DOT pl> 10/7/02 4:23:59 AM >>>
Anyone managed to run NetBackup 4.5 OTM on NetWare 5.1 with SP4?
At the moment applying SP4 causes OTM to fail each backup.

I can see that I'm not alone with this issue -
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2002-June/011215.html

Btw is that true that non-target client (ver 4.5) uses only IPX and is

slower than target?

regards
Jakub Bielecki

Jakub.Bielecki AT comtegra DOT pl
Comtegra Sp. z o.o.    http://www.comtegra.pl
tel: (+4822) 6855 080, fax: (+4822) 6851 955
mobile: (+48) 691 679351
ul. Karola Miarki 11 D, 01-496 Warsaw, Poland