Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 (patch 1) - W2K SAN Media Server (MSCS)

2002-10-04 17:50:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 (patch 1) - W2K SAN Media Server (MSCS)
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:50:57 -0500
If it's Windows and is using OTM, it's going to be the cache file filling up.

Search the list.  There's a lot of stuff on this... or look at the
Troubleshooting Guide (make sure you're looking up NetBackup error 11 and not
Media Manager error 11).

- Scott

                    "Labonte, L R (Leo), SOLIT"

                    <llabonte AT att DOT com>                   To:
<andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com>,
                    Sent by:                             <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:     RE:
[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 (patch 1) - W2K SAN Media Server
                                                         (MSCS)

                    10/04/2002 10:52 AM

Folks,

This other user's question has prompted me to ask about
a difficulty we are having.  We have a Solaris 8 backup
server running NetBackup 4.5 (patch1), and we are performing
networked backups on Windows 2000 clients, which is part of
a Windows 2000 cluster.  One backup client is encountering
status (11) system call failed, while the other client is
not.  Both clients have 4.5 client code that was not patched.
Any ideas why we are getting the status (11) on the one client?

Thanks,

Leo R. Labonte
AT&T
(732) 420-6080