Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 Inline tape copy

2002-10-04 10:32:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 Inline tape copy
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:32:49 -0400
Tried it once, but had to stop because it put all my other backup
schedules behind.
On one policy, backing up 15 netware servers, I set the policy to make
2 copies with one for off-site. The 2nd copy worked, didn't slow
throughput as far as I could tell, but instead of taking up one drive
for each image, takes up two and policies that were set to start later
than this one were delayed. If you can work out the scheduling, it
seemed to work well.

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> <Brian_Drager AT vanguard DOT com> 10/4/02 10:17:03 AM >>>
Is anyone doing inline tape copy to a remote location for second copy.
We will
be evaluating soon. I'm guessing that the server in the remote location
has to
be a media server with it's robot & tape drives and be part of the
master
server. Same domain. How is the performance. Will it slow up your
original copy
if the second copy is going at a slower speed?

Thanks