Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unmountable tape help ( solaris8, nb 3.2GA )

2002-10-04 07:28:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unmountable tape help ( solaris8, nb 3.2GA )
From: consultant0610 AT hotmail DOT com (Patrick Whelan)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:28:29 +0200
I have never seen this problem before, but my guess is that either the tape
drive or tape type has changed since the tape was written. Be sure the tape
type (e.g. dlt) matches the drive type. If this isn't the problem and you
get a solution I would love to here the answer. Good Luck.

>From: "David Markham" <dave.markham AT icl DOT net>
>To: "'Veritas-Bu \(E-mail\)" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
>Subject: [Veritas-bu] unmountable tape help ( solaris8, nb 3.2GA )
>Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:56:02 +0100
>
>I am trying to do a restore from the gui and when i look in the device
>manager window on the pending pane it says the tape i unmountable.
>
>0 root    DBQ897    DBQ897    Pending Action-->(TLD) TAPE IS UNMOUNTABLE
>

>I have checked with bpmedialist and the tape is not frozen.
>
>Has anyone any idea of why this is like this and how to rectify it?
>
>Thanks

>------
>Dave Markham  ( Internet Systems Engineer )
>( Internal - 7241 4805
>( External - 01782 794805
>* David.Markham AT services.fujitsu DOT com
>Fujitsu Services,
>Westfields House, West Avenue, Kidsgrove,
>Stoke-On-Trent, ST7 1TL
>------

Patrick Whelan
Crackx.com