Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone using enhanced authorization/authentication?

2002-10-03 12:03:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone using enhanced authorization/authentication?
From: curtis AT thestoragegroup DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:03:07 -0700
I _believe_ that enhanced authorization and authentication (pp. 441-470
Unix Admin manual, 421-450 Windows admin manual) is the new way to allow
(a) administration of a NBU master by someone other than root and (b)
administration of a Unix master by a remote machine.  However, I keep
seeing the old methods discussed on the list (i.e. run the
non-root-admin script and putting the remote host in bp.conf).  I am
also having a little difficulty understanding these 30 pages in the
manual.  Frankly, as long as I've been doing NBU, I feel like an NBU
newbie when reading them. ;)

Is anyone using these features, and if so, what are you doing with it?